Saturday, April 10, 2010

Cub Scout Quilt



While most people enjoy hunkering down during the winter months to work on quilting, knitting or crochet projects, I find that I enjoy these projects most in the warm weather months. Spring is in the air here in Michigan and I recently pulled out my quilting supplies with plans to work on a few quilt projects. The first is a much anticipated Cub Scout quilt for my son, Boy A, who is a Bear this year. Boy A received the material for this quilt as a Christmas present and while I had hopes to finish it during Christmas break, kids activities got in the way. I pulled out the fabrics this week and have the material cut and have begun making the four patch blocks which make up about half the quilt. I made decent progress thus far and hope to get a good chunk of the project done next weekend when my little Bear scout and my husband trudge off for a Cub Scout camping weekend. Hope to show more of the quilt to you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I am looking to make a Cub Scout quilt for my son for when he bridges to Boy Scouts. Where did you obtain this fabric? It is the palette that I am looking for, and I cannot find it anywhere. Thanks, Colleen (cdneddo@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete